Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, wheat-free and high in fiber. Apples decrease oxidation of cell membrane fats which is important because oxidation of fat in the membranes of cells is a primary risk factor for clogging of the arteries. Cinnamon has antifungal, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, controls blood sugar levels and is an excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium. Coconut Apple Cinnamon Muffins are healthy and tasty!
Makes 8 mini muffins
1 organic apple
3 happy free-range chicken eggs
3 tsp organic coconut oil (melted)
3 tsp of raw organic honey
1/2 cup of natural coconut flour
1/4 cup of organic black chia seed powder
1/2 tsp of organic baking powder
a pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. Mix coconut flour, black chia seed powder, organic baking powder and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Chop apple into small pieces and then add to mixing bowl.
4. Whisk eggs, melted coconut oil and organic honey in a separate bowl.
5. Then add to the dry mix.
6. Mix everything up until you get a texture like dough.
7. Using a spoon, scoop out the dough and fill in muffin tray.
8. Place muffin tray in oven rack and bake for 10- 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Sprinkle fresh cinnamon on top and let cool.
11.Serve and Enjoy before they're all gone!