Dehydrating food removes the water content, but keeps the enzymes, vitamins and minerals in place! We have been using our conventional oven to dehydrate food and decided to try some yummy yam chips. Very tasty results! Yams are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, manganese, fiber and vitamin B6. To dehydrate these chips in a conventional oven, heat at 120 F and keep your oven door slightly open for air circulation. (see recipe below)
2 organic yams
1. Preheat oven at 120 F.
2. Thinly slice yams into even pieces.
3. Lay parchment paper on 2 cookie pans.
4. Place sliced yams onto parchment and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
5. Place in oven.
6. Leave oven door slightly open and heat for 1 hour.
7. After 1 hour, flip the yam slices and heat for another 40-50 minutes. Check periodically. May take 4-6 hours.
8. Remove from oven once ready.
9. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
10. Serve and Enjoy before they're all gone!