We make our own coconut milk, here at home, by juicing the coconut meat in a juicer. When we make it ourselves, we save the shredded coconut left from the juicer because it still holds about 20% of the milk/liquid. We store the shredded coconut in the freezer and use it for baking. Gluten free buns with hemp seeds, shredded coconut and pumpkin seeds are easy to make! (See recipe below)
Makes 4 large buns
1 cup of organic gluten free white rice flour
2 tbsp of organic almond flour
2 tbsp of organic white chia seed powder
3 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
3 tbsp of organic shredded coconut
3 tbsp of organic pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked overnight)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of fluoride free water
1 large happy free range chicken egg
2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix white rice flour, almond flour, white chia seed powder, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt. Mix really well. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and then add the water and coconut oil and continue beating.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix them together. The texture will be like dough but will appear crumbly. You may need to add a little water.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough and break into four separate (even) pieces.
6. Make pieces into 4 balls.
7. Hold dough in hand and press down slightly, moving around the dough.
8. Place on a baking tray and repeat process. (You can choose to sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the buns)
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes!
10. Let cool and enjoy!