Rice flour is gluten free and contains insoluble fiber which aids in digestion. It contains a good source of protein, however brown rice contains a higher level of B vitamins than white rice. Hemp seeds contain many nutrients such as iron, calcium and vitamin D and can also be incorporated into baking. They are a complete source of protein and are more balanced and digestible than soy. We baked some white rice flour buns with shredded coconut and healthy hemp seeds. Very rich in flavor! You can eat them with some tasty organic peanut butter or use them for sandwiches. To learn more about hemp seeds click here.
Rice Flour Buns With Hemp Seeds Recipe
Makes 4 large buns
1 cup of organic gluten free white rice flour
2 tbsp of organic white chia seed powder
4 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
4 tbsp of organic shredded coconut
1/4 tsp of organic baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 large happy free range chicken egg
1/4 cup of fluoride free water
2 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil (at room temperature)
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix white rice flour, white chia seed powder, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt. Mix really well. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and then add the water and coconut oil and continue beating.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix them together. The texture will be like dough but will appear crumbly. You may need to add a little water.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough and break into four separate (even) pieces.
6. Make pieces into 4 balls.
7. Hold dough in hand and press down slightly, moving around the dough. (see image)
8. Place on a baking tray and repeat process.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes!
10. Let cool and enjoy!