Today was a chilly day lashed by rain and strong winds, here in Toronto. We started our night off with a warm cup of 'cliff hanger' americano. Once we got the cappuccino machine fired up, we decided to incorporate the green pea flour and bake Mocha and Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies. This is our latest gluten free dessert recipe with a rich texture and an abundance of flavor! (see recipe below) Enjoy!
Mocha and Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies Recipe
Makes 8 pieces
∙ 1/2 cup of organic rice flour∙ 3 tbsp of organic almond flour
∙ 3 tbsp of organic green pea flour
∙ 1 1/2 tbsp organic black chia seed powder
∙ 1/4 cup of organic raw cacao powder
∙ 1/4 cup of organic shredded coconut
∙ 1/2 tbsp of organic vanilla bean powder (fresh vanilla beans are best)
∙ 1/2 tsp of baking soda (non GMO)
∙ 3 tbsp of organic coconut palm powder/sugar
∙ pinch of Himalayan salt
∙ 1/4 cup of organic shredded zucchini
∙ 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter
∙ 1 happy chicken egg (free run)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
∙ 1/4 cup of organic fair trade espresso
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix rice flour, almond flour, green pea flour, baking powder, black chia seed powder, pinch of sea salt, raw cacao powder, shredded coconut, vanilla powder, baking soda, coconut palm powder and salt. Mix ingredients well.
3. Add zucchini to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add peanut butter to ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix egg, melted coconut oil and espresso.
6. Add to dry mix. Mix well, will be slightly sticky.
7. Scoop out and place in a round flat 9" glass oven dish.
8. Place in oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until edges are browned.
9. Remove from oven and let cool.
10. Once cooled, drizzle fresh honey for added sweetness (otherwise you may find the cocoa powder too strong in flavor).
11. Serve and enjoy!