Cacao Fudge Zucchini Cookies Recipe∙ 1/2 cup of organic brown rice flour
Makes 14 cookies
Makes 14 cookies
∙ 4 tbsp of organic coconut flour
∙ 1/4 cup of organic raw cacao powder
∙ 1 tbsp organic vanilla bean powder
∙ 1/2 tsp of organic baking soda
∙ 2 tbsp of organic flax meal
∙ 3 tbsp of organic coconut nectar/sugar
∙ pinch of sea salt
∙ 1/4 cup of organic shredded zucchini
∙ 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
∙ 1 happy free range chicken egg
∙ 2 tbsp organic crunchy peanut butter
∙ 1/4 cup of natural coconut water
∙ 1/4 cup of homemade cacao fudge*
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients first. (Mix well) Set aside.
3. Beat egg in a small mixing bowl with melted coconut oil, shredded zucchini, peanut butter and coconut water.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add homemade cacao fudge chunks and continue mixing lightly.
6. Break apart dough into small pieces (14 or depending on the size of cookie you want) and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using a utensil, press down slightly to form cookies.
8. Place cookies in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
10. Eat and enjoy!
*We made our cacao fudge by hand blending 6 tbsp of raw cacao, 6 pitted prunes and 3 tbsp of coconut cream. We placed the fudge on parchment paper, flattened it out slightly and placed it in the freezer for a few hours. After it hardened, we cut it into pieces and mixed it in with our cookie dough. The pieces will be soft like fudge so be quick when mixing them with the cookie dough.
See recipe for cacao chunks/chips.
NOTE: Coconut cream is the coconut meat that we juice in the juicer. It is not coconut milk.