Green pea flour is a high protein flour that is gluten free. We recently purchased this flour and tried it out for the first time to make bread. There were many ingredients added to our recipe because we were unsure of how it would taste. Our organic green pea bread recipe included organic rice flour, organic walnuts (pre-soaked), organic shredded coconut, organic coconut flour, organic black chia seed powder, organic hemp seeds, organic quick oats, water and happy chicken eggs. The results were tasty! Next time we will try a dessert recipe with the flour. (see bread recipe below)
Green Pea Flat Bread Recipe
Makes 1 flat bread
Ingredients:∙ 1/2 cup of organic gluten free white rice flour
∙ 1/2 cup of organic gluten free green pea flour
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut flour
∙ 2 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder
∙ 3 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ 3 tbsp of organic quick oats
∙ 3 tbsp of organic shredded coconut
∙ 3 tbsp of organic walnuts or any other nut (pre-soaked overnight)
∙ 1 tsp baking powder
∙ a pinch of sea salt
∙ 1/4 cup of water
∙ 1 large happy free range chicken egg
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
Directions:1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix white rice flour, green pea flour, coconut flour, black chia seed powder, hemp seeds, walnuts, shredded coconut, quick oats, baking powder and sea salt. Mix really well. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and then add the water and coconut oil and continue beating.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix them together. The texture will be like dough but may be slightly sticky. If not, you may need to add a little water.
5. On a table, lay out some parchment paper and sprinkle some flour.
6. Scoop out dough and place on top of the parchment paper.
7. Dust it with flour enough so that you can pick it up and handle it. This will help you to control it when you flatten it out on the loaf pan.
8. Place dough in a medium loaf pan (8-1/2-Inch by 4-1/2-Inch by 2-1/2-Inch).
9. Press down to cover the pan completely with the dough. You can use a spatula or some kind of flat utensil to press down and make the bread dough/loaf a flat even surface. (see image above)
10. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes! The bread will not rise much much, if at all, but the texture will be rich.
11. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Note: If you are going to make the egg sandwich, cut loaf into squares and then slice in half to create a top and bottom part. (see image above) Then cook the egg, (poached or over easy) and place the egg in between the two slices (like you would a grilled cheese sandwich). Finally, grill on both sides using coconut oil. Enjoy!