We haven't baked any gluten free bread loaves (except for flat bread and buns) because we don't have organic yeast. Since we love fermenting food now, we'll be making our own yeast tomorrow to finally bake some loaves. For now, enjoy our recipe (below) for gluten free zucchini and shredded coconut flat bread. For dinner, we toasted some of the bread and then blended it to use as bread crumbs for our Fish and Chips! (see image below). We also added some more fermented veggies on the side. Yummy and healthy!
Zucchini and Shredded Coconut Flatbread Recipe
Makes 1 flat bread
∙ 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
∙ 1/2 cup of organic green pea flour
∙ 1/2 cup of organic natural shredded coconut
∙ 2 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder
∙ 2 tbsp of organic flax meal
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ 4 tbsp of organic quick oats
∙ 1 tsp baking powder
∙ pinch of sea salt
∙ 1 cup of organic shredded zucchini
∙ 2 large happy free range chicken egg
∙ 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix brown rice flour, green pea flour, shredded coconut, black chia seed powder, hemp seeds, flax meal, quick oats, baking powder and sea salt. Mix really well. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and the coconut oil.
4. Add wet ingredients and shredded zucchini to dry ingredients and mix them together. The texture may be slightly sticky.
5. On a medium (8-1/2-Inch by 4-1/2-Inch by 2-1/2-Inch) loaf pan, lay out some parchment paper.
6. Scoop out dough and place on top of the parchment paper.
7. Press down to cover the pan completely with the dough. You can use your hands or some kind of flat utensil to press down and make the bread dough/loaf a flat even surface.
8. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes! The bread will not rise much much, if at all, but the texture will be rich.
9. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!