Avocados are an excellent source of protein. They provide all 18 essential amino acids that the body requires to form protein. It contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and beneficial fats that protect the body against damage caused by free radicals.
Celery is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamins B1, B2, B6, calcium, magnesium, iron and essential amino acids. When you juice celery, nutrients are released in the fiber that aids in digestion. An excellent choice for raw foods are soups. You can simply blend organic vegetables of your choice and serve them up in under 15 minutes. (see recipe below)
Below: Deliciously healthy Avocado Soup with celery, leeks and parsley and pre-soaked gluten free Brown Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms and garlic. Also, photos from today's walk in the park. Enjoy!
Avocado Soup Recipe
∙ 1-2 organic leek leaves
∙ 2 organic celery stalks∙ handful of organic Italian parsley
∙ 2 organic avocados
∙ 1/4 cup of organic coconut water
∙ 1 1/4 cup of water (fluoride free is best)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black pepper
∙ organic cayenne pepper
1. Chop leeks, celery, and parsley. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Peel avocados and remove seed. Then add to blender.
3. Blend avocados, leeks, celery, parsley and coconut water.
4. Transfer blended ingredients to a large mixing bowl or pot.
5. Add 1 1/4 cup of water to blended ingredients and stir.
6. Add spices and continue stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour soup into 2 bowls and garnish with parsley.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Check it out on lePetitchef.