Coconut flour does not need to be pre-soaked in order to release nutrients, for easier digestion, because it is neither a grain or a nut. We mentioned the importance of pre-soaking flour and rice in our previous posts and we have been putting it into practice ever since. Over the weekend, we soaked some organic rolled oats and decided to incorporate them in today's coconut cookie recipe. We also made some new soy milk which we also added to the recipe. Our new soy milk with vanilla recipe is available here. Our cookie recipe is below - enjoy! To see our Oats and Shredded Coconut Cookies recipe (similar to this one) click here.
Coconut and Oats Cookie Recipe
Makes 12 small cookies
∙ 3/4 cup of organic coconut flour
∙ 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut
∙ 2 tbsp of organic flax seed meal
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut palm powder/nectar
∙ 3 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ pinch of sea salt
∙ 3 tbsp of organic rolled oats (pre-soaked for 24 hrs)
∙ 1/4 cup of homemade soy milk
∙ 3 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients first. (Mix well) Set aside.
3. Mix coconut oil and soy milk in a small mixing bowl. Then add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients well until crumbly.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough inside the bowl and create 12 small balls.
6. Place each ball down on parchment paper and press down to form cookies.
7. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. Serve and enjoy!