The best raw dessert we have tried so far is homemade ice cream. It's organic, dairy-free and sugar free! It contains enzymes, nutrients and antioxidants! There is a variety of flavors that we choose from including strawberry, vanilla, cacao, and green tea. Over the weekend, we purchased some IKEA Popsicle Makers for only $1.99! We used our ice cream recipe and tried it out on the popsicle makers. The result was tasty fudgesicles! See recipe below. We also made some fresh cacao syrup that we dipped our fudgesicles in, once they were frozen. And then we topped it all of with chopped organic pumpkin seeds... yummy!
Fudgesicles With Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
∙ 1/4 cup of organic nuts of your choice (pre-soaked for 10 hours or more)
∙ 1-2 tbsp of raw organic honey
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ 2 tbsp of natural coconut cream
∙ 2 tbsp of coconut oil (at room temperature)
∙ 3 tbsp of organic cacao powder
∙ 1/4 cup of organic coconut water (you can also use regular water)
∙ 2 large organic bananas (add a third banana if the bananas are smaller)
Cacao (hard chocolate) syrup and seeds: (optional)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic cacao powder
∙ 1/4 cup of coconut oil
∙ 2 tbsp of organic pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked for 10 hours or more)
1. Using an electric hand blender, blend nuts, honey, seeds, coconut cream and coconut oil to create a butter/paste.
2. Add cacao powder and coconut water (liquid) and stir.
3. Break bananas into pieces and add to ingredients.
4. Hand blend all ingredients.
5. Pour mixture evenly into 6 popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours.
6. Prepare syrup by hand mixing honey, cacao, and coconut water.
7. Once popsicles are frozen, remove from casing and dip into cacao syrup and then roll onto a sheet with chopped pumpkin seeds (or sprinkle pumpkin seeds).