Raw yolks help eliminate toxins from your body! Since we are trying to incorporate more raw foods in our diet, we created a meal of raw veggies and egg yolk on a bed of pre-soaked cooked brown rice. The eggs we purchase are organic free range chicken eggs, so they come from happy healthy chickens. This meal is easy to do and will benefit your body (see recipe for details). Cauliflower provides us with antioxidants and is an excellent source of vitamin C, and a very good source of manganese. Enjoy!
Live Vegetables with Rice Recipe
∙ 4 organic garlic cloves
∙ organic leeks
∙ 1 small organic red onion
∙ 1 organic carrot
∙ organic extra virgin olive oil
∙ 1 cup of organic gluten free short grain brown rice (pre-soaked for 24-48 hours)∙ 1 3/4 cups of water (fluoride-free is best)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black pepper
∙ 2 cups of organic cauliflower
∙ 2 happy free range egg yolks (place in a bowl of water with salt and let sit)
1. Chop garlic, leeks and onions and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Chop carrots. Set aside.
3. Boil 1 3/4 cups of water in a medium sized pot/pan, then turn heat down to medium-low.
4. Add rice, salt and pepper.
5. Stir and let sit for 40- 45 minutes (until rice absorbs water), occasionally stirring.
6. In a small mixing bowl, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, onions, leeks, garlic and carrots. Mix ingredients. Set aside.
7. In a separate mixing bowl, add water, (washed) cauliflower and salt. Let sit/soak.
8. Once rice is ready, scoop out 2 even portions on 2 plates. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
9. Strain the cauliflower from water. Set aside.
10. Add the onion mix to the top of the rice dishes.
11. Then add the cauliflower.
12. Remove egg yolk from water and place over top of all ingredients (1 egg yolk per dish).
13. Serve and enjoy!
Note: 1 cup of rice after soaking will give you about 1 1/2 cups of rice.