Over the weekend, we decided to eat strictly raw meals! So far, the only issue we seem to have with raw foods is tolerating the strength of raw onions, raw garlic and raw ginger. We created recipes that would create a milder taste (from the power of raw onions) by incorporating plenty of vegetables and coconut cream. The food tasted amazing! It consisted of appetizers, a main course and double desserts (recipe for ice-cream is available at the bottom of the post, Gazpacho recipe coming soon...). Enjoy!Below: A Raw Menu - Appetizers (Cucumber Rolls with veggies), Main course (Gazpacho Soup with corn, avocado and coconut cream) and Desserts (Homemade Cacao Ice cream and a Watermelon Bowl topped with fresh honey).
UPDATE: We don't recommend adding blueberries to the watermelon. We've learned that melons should not be combined with other fruits or foods.
Recipe For Cacao Ice-Cream
Makes about 6 scoops
∙ 1/4 cup of organic nuts of your choice (pre-soaked for 10 hours or more)
∙ 1-2 tbsp of raw organic honey
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ 2 tbsp of natural coconut cream (optional- you can add another 2 tbsp of hemp seeds)
∙ 2 tbsp of coconut oil (at room temperature)
∙ 4 tbsp of organic cacao powder
∙ 1/4 - 1/2 cup of organic coconut water (you can also use regular water)
∙ 2-3 large organic bananas (add a fourth banana if the bananas are smaller)
1. Using an electric hand blender, blend nuts, honey, seeds, coconut cream and coconut oil to create a butter/paste.
2. Add cacao powder and coconut water (liquid) and stir.
3. Break bananas into pieces and add to ingredients.
4. Hand blend all ingredients.
5. Place in a sealed container and freeze for 6-8 hours. (Or you can distribute mix in 2 separate containers and freeze for 4 hours.)
6. Once frozen, break apart using a utensil (for a few seconds).
7. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out ice cream, place in bowls, serve and enjoy!!!