Red rooibos tea is caffeine-free and rich with minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, fluoride, manganese, zinc and magnesium. It contains anti-oxidants that have been shown to increase when you grind the tea and make it into a Red Espresso. We love lattés, so after we made our espresso shots, we added steamed milk that we frothed. Unfortunately, all the milk alternatives that we have tried so far (coconut, soy, rice and oats milk) can't produce foam so we're still unable to make cappuccinos. We used oats milk for our 'Red Latté' and it tasted amazing! We love that it's caffeine free and that it provides us with health benefits! Give it a try. See process below. Enjoy!
Instructions for Red Latté:
Using a cappuccino maker:
1. Grind some organic fair trade rooibos tea leaves in a coffee grinder (espresso grind).
2. Using a cappuccino/espresso maker, make a double shot of rooibos espresso.
3. Divide and pour into 2 mugs evenly.
4. Steam some healthy milk of your choice, using the steam wand.
5. Once it reaches 140-150° on the thermometer, turn off steam wand and then divide and pour evenly into mugs.
6. Add a healthy sweetener of your choice (optional). Serve and enjoy the health benefits!
Using a coffee maker:
1. Grind some organic fair trade rooibos tea leaves in a coffee grinder (espresso/fine grind).
2. Brew coffee, adding only 1/2 cup of water for about 2 tbsp of ground rooibos tea.
3. Once brewed, divide and pour into 2 mugs evenly.
4. In a small saucepan, warm some healthy milk of your choice.
5. Once heated (at medium - low heat), divide and pour evenly into mugs.
6. Add a healthy sweetener of your choice (optional).
7. If you have an IKEA frother, you can use it at this point to froth your milk. Serve and enjoy the health benefits!