The super-nutrients found in kale include glucosinolates, which help to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver that neutralize carcinogenic substances. It is an excellent source of vitamin K - a key nutrient for regulating the body's inflammatory process. Since we are incorporating raw foods daily, for our latest dairy free pizza recipe, we baked a cauliflower crust topped with raw kale and red onions that were oven dehydrated (at 130°) for 30 minutes. Oven dehydrating at a low temperature of 130° removes the water content, but keeps the enzymes, vitamins and minerals in place. The pizza crust and other ingredients were baked at a regular temperature (of 325°F) for about 15 minutes in total. We also had a side of raw avocado soup. See pizza recipe below. Enjoy!
Beet and Kale Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
Makes 1 pizza
Ingredients for crust:∙ 1/2 organic cauliflower
∙ 1 cup of natural shredded coconut (optional - you can substitute with 3/4 cup coconut flour)
∙ 4 tbsp of organic coconut flour
∙ 2 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder
∙ sea salt for flavor
∙ 2 large happy free range chicken eggs
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
∙ organic kale
∙ organic red onion
∙ organic spices (salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper mix)
∙ organic leeks
∙ organic garlic
∙ organic red beets
∙ 1 happy free range chicken egg
∙ organic sun dried tomatoes
1. Preheat oven at 130°F.
2. Chop red onion (your choice of portion). Set aside.
3. Place kale on parchment paper over top of a cookie sheet. Add spices and red onions over top.
4. Place in oven and dehydrate for about 20-30 minutes while you prepare other ingredients. (Make sure to leave your oven door open for air circulation.)
5. Using a grater (or you can use a food processor to shred), grate 2 cups worth of shredded cauliflower.
6. In a large bowl, mix shredded cauliflower, shredded coconut, coconut flour, chia seed powder and salt. Mix really well. Set aside.
7. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the coconut oil.
8. Add wet ingredients to large mixing bowl, mix well.
9. With your hands, begin to mold the mix into a dough. Set aside.
10. Put some parchment paper on a flat round pizza pan and place dough on top.
11. Using your hands, press dough down to cover pizza pan evenly and with a flat surface. Set aside.
12. Chop leeks, garlic and red beets. Set aside.
13. Remove kale from oven and raise oven temperature to 325°F.
14. Place pizza dough in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
15. Once dough is ready, remove from oven and place leeks, garlic and beets over top.
16. Beat an egg and pour over top of pizza ingredients, covering entire surface and place in oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes.
17. Once pizza is ready, remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes.
18. Add kale and sun dried tomatoes over top of pizza and cut into slices using a pizza cutter.
19. Serve and enjoy!
Check it out on lePetitchef.