Cauliflower has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. It is an excellent alternative to rice and a great choice if you are on a grain free diet! We created a 15-20 minute recipe for fish and cauliflower 'rice' that incorporates raw foods. The fish and onion mix are the only food that has been cooked. The rice and corn are raw and energizing! It's a tasty and simple recipe - give it a try. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Rice With Fish Recipe
∙ 1/2 small organic red onion
∙ 1/4 organic fennel
∙ 3 organic garlic cloves∙ handful of organic cilantro (optional)
∙ 2 speckled trout*
∙ 1 tbsp organic ginger (minced)
∙ 1/2 organic cauliflower
∙ 2 organic corn
∙ 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (for frying)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black pepper
∙ 1-2 tbsp organic coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Chop onions, fennel and garlic. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Chop cilantro. Set aside.
4. Place trout in an oven pan and add ginger, onion, fennel and garlic. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, use a food processor to finely chop the cauliflower (you need to produce 2 cups of 'rice').6. Transport cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl and add cilantro. Mix well.
7. Remove corn kernels from cob, using a knife, and then add to mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper and coconut oil (1tbsp) for flavor. Mix well. Set aside.
8. Once fish has baked, remove from oven.
9. Place fish on 2 plates and add salt and pepper.
10. Distribute rice mix evenly to plates.
11. Serve and enjoy!
*We buy our speckled trout/char from Kolapore Springs, a fish farm that harvests freshwater shrimp to be used as supplements for the fish they farm. Very healthy and tasty fish!