The benefits of Rooibos tea includes minerals and antioxidants! For our latest dairy free ice cream recipe, we created a 'Rooibos and Date Ice Cream' that is not only healthy but also sweet and refreshing. Dates contain nutrients and are rich in vitamins A1, B1, B2, B3 and B5! (Recipe is below.) Does not require an ice cream maker to create recipe. Enjoy!
Rooibos Tea and Date Ice Cream Recipe
Makes 4 scoops
∙ 1/2 cup of water∙ organic rooibos tea (we used rooibos espresso shot)
∙ 2-3 organic medjool dates
∙ 1 tbsp of raw organic honey
∙ 6 tbsp of natural coconut cream or organic hemp seeds
∙ 2 large organic bananas
1. Boil 1/2 cup of water and make a strong rooibos tea. Turn off heat and steep tea until completely cooled (or make a rooibos espresso shot). Set aside.
2. Using an electric hand blender, blend dates, honey and coconut cream to create a butter/paste.
3. Add 1/4 cup of the rooibos tea and blend again.
4. Break bananas into pieces and add to ingredients.
5. Continue hand blending all ingredients.
6. Once blended smoothly, place in a sealed container and freeze for 6-8 hours (or divide into 2 containers and freeze for about 4 hours).
7. Once frozen, break apart using a utensil (for a few seconds).
8. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out ice cream, place in bowls, serve and enjoy!!!