The benefits of ginger include anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps reduce symptoms of nausea and vomiting and promotes healthy sweating that assists in detoxification.
We love soup broth with ginger, so we incorporated it into our carrot soup recipe. It's now been almost two weeks that we began our grain free and 80-90% raw food diet. We're taking in raw food enzymes before we eat any cooked/steamed vegetables to assist in digestion. Today, we ate some sprouted mung beans before having our soup, to help provide us with the nutrition the Carrot Soup With Ginger had to offer. See recipe below. Enjoy!
Carrot Soup With Ginger Recipe
∙ 1 organic celery stalk∙ 1 organic fennel top
∙ 4 cups of spring water
∙ 1 1/2 inch of organic ginger root (thinly sliced)
∙ sea salt∙ organic black pepper
∙ 2 organic shallots
∙ 2 large organic garlic cloves
∙ 1/2 of an organic fennel bulb
∙ bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 3 large organic carrots
∙ 2 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil
∙ 1 tbsp of organic sun dried tomatoes (cut to measure)
∙ 1/2 tsp organic cumin powder
∙ organic red pepper flakes (optional)
∙ 1 slice of organic lemon
1. Chop celery and fennel top. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and then turn down heat to medium-low.
3. Add ginger, celery, fennel tops and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes (this will be your broth). Remove from heat once ready.
4. In the mean time, chop shallots, garlic, fennel (bulb) and cilantro. Set aside.
5. Chop carrots in a food processor and set aside.
6. In a small frying pan, add coconut oil and lightly fry shallots, fennel, garlic and carrots for about 5 minutes.
7. Add fried ingredients and sun dried tomatoes, with a small amount of broth water, to a container and blend ingredients to create a smooth purée. Set aside.
8. Discard of vegetables from broth (3.) and add broth to a clean soup pot.
9. Add purée to broth, stir and simmer at medium- low heat for about 5 minutes. Add spices and lemon, then check for flavor.
10. Once ready, serve and enjoy!