Cinnamon has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties! For breakfast, we decided to make homemade Apple Cinnamon Muesli with hemp seeds. There is something pleasant about the smell of warm cinnamon and apple. We dehydrated all our ingredients in our conventional oven, after 24 hours of pre-soaking them in water. Try our recipe below over the weekend (or prepare muesli the evening before) and enjoy the aroma of apple and cinnamon while they dehydrate. All enzymes remain active once ready, so it is a healthy treat!
Apple Cinnamon Muesli Recipe
∙ 1 cup organic rolled oats (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic raw honey∙ 1 organic red apple
∙ 1 tsp of organic cinnamon
∙ 1/4 cup organic nuts of your choice (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees F.
2. Drain rolled oats and add honey. Mix well.
3. Spread out oats and honey on some parchment paper. Set aside.
4. Cut your apple in chunks and then finely chop in food processor.
5. Add your apple pieces to your rolled oats, on the parchment paper, distributing them evenly.
6. Add cinnamon on top and place in oven for 3 hours or until desired texture is reached (leave oven door slightly open while dehydrating).
7. In the mean time, drain and chop your nuts. Let nuts air dry and then add hemp seeds. Mix well. You will add this to your mix once dehydrated. Set aside. (Check in on the muesli from time to time and mix.)
8. Once ingredients are done, remove from oven and add to a large mixing bowl. Then add your hemp seeds and nuts. Mix well.
9. Serve immediately if you want it slightly warm or store for later. You can also add coconut or almond milk and have it as a cereal.
Below: Photos from the park. Enjoy!