We are incorporating raw foods daily, to take in digestive food enzymes that aid in digestion and overall health. Enzymes are necessary in our diet! Homemade Muesli is an excellent raw food breakfast idea, as long as you are not on a grain free diet. A couple days ago, we prepared Apple Cinnamon Muesli by oven dehydrating our ingredients for 2-3 hours (you can use a regular dehydrator). Our oats and nuts were pre-soaked for 24 hours prior to dehydrating. Today, we had some homemade Honey Nut Muesli- very tasty and healthy! Check out our simple recipe below.
Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin C, calcium and iron. Enjoy!
Honey Nut Muesli Recipe
∙ 1 cup organic rolled oats (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic raw honey∙ 1 tsp of organic vanilla
∙ 1/4 cup organic nuts of your choice (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees F.
2. Drain rolled oats and add vanilla and honey. Mix well.
3. Spread out oats and honey on some parchment paper, distributing them evenly.
4. Place in oven for 2 hours or until desired texture is reached (leave oven door slightly open while dehydrating).
5. In the mean time, drain and chop your nuts. Let nuts air dry (or you can dehydrate them as well) and then add hemp seeds. Mix well. You will add this to your mix once dehydrated. Set aside. (Check in on the muesli from time to time and mix.)
6. Once ingredients are done, remove from oven and add to a large mixing bowl. Then add your hemp seeds and nuts. Mix well.
7. Serve immediately if you want it slightly warm or store for later. You can also top it off with more honey and add coconut or almond milk and have it as a cereal.