As part of our raw menu this week, we created a simple 'Avocado And Corn Soup' recipe that is served cold. For the broth, we boiled some water with vegetables (including the corn cob for flavor). Once ready, we discarded the cooked vegetables and allowed the broth to cool down completely before adding our raw sweet corn and avocado with more raw vegetables! When you boil vegetables, the nutrition is transferred to the water so we were able to get additional health benefits from the broth. See recipe below and check out our previous Avocado Soup recipe. Enjoy!
Avocado And Corn Soup Recipe
∙ 2 cups of spring water
∙ 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
∙ 3 organic leek leaves
∙ 1 organic garlic
∙ 1 organic corn
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black peppercorn
∙ 1 organic celery stalk∙ bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 1 tbsp of organic sun dried tomatoes (chop to measure)
∙ 1-2 organic avocados
∙ organic cumin
1. Boil 2 cups of water, then turn heat down to low and add coconut oil.
2. Chop leeks (including the tough green part) and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes. (Set aside 1/3 of leeks that is not hard and dark green)
3. Using a knife, cut the corn kernels off the corn cob and add cob to the water. (You can break it in half if you are using a small pot.)
4. Place corn kernels in a container and set aside.
5. Add leeks (2/3), garlic, salt and ground peppercorn to water and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. In the meantime, finely chop celery, cilantro, sun dried tomatoes, corn kernels and 1/3 leeks in a food processor and then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add cumin and check for flavor.
7. Once broth is ready, remove from heat, discard of vegetables (including cob) and let cool completely.
8. Peel avocado(s) skin(s), remove seed and then add avocado to the large mixing bowl.
9. Using a hand blender, blend all ingredients.
10. Taste soup to check for flavor and then add more spices if necessary. Serve and enjoy!