Long term exposure to radiation is extremely unhealthy for our bodies. The excessive use of mobile and cordless phones is no exception. When our bodies lack iodine, it takes in radioactive iodine that causes 'diseases' such as cancer! But if our bodies have a sufficient amount of iodine, it doesn't take on the radioactive iodine that is present in the environment. It's important to have iodine rich foods in our diet in order to protect ourselves from radiation. Seaweeds are abundant in iodine, magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc, copper, chloride, sulfur, phosphorous, vanadium, cobalt, manganese, selenium, bromine, arsenic, iron, and fluorine. When eaten raw, they are rich with enzymes. For our latest raw recipe, we made 'Kelp Seaweed Wraps with Guacamole'. Very tasty and easy to make! Check out our recipe below. Enjoy!
Makes 4-6 wraps
∙ 4-6 organic kelp strips (soaked in small amount of spring water)
∙ 1 organic green onion
∙ 1 organic celery stalk
∙ bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 1 organic avocado
∙ sea salt
∙ organic pepper
∙ organic chilli powder
Directions:1. Remove kelp strips from water and lay them out on a flat surface (this will help them to dry out the excess water - but don't allow them to dry hard). Set aside.
2. Chop green onions, celery and cilantro in a food processor. Let sit for 10 minutes (for onion health benefits). Set aside.
3. Peel avocado and add to a small mixing bowl.
4. Add salt and pepper to avocado and then add celery mix from processor. Mix well, creating a guacamole.
5. Taste and make adjustments, add spice.
6. Scoop out 4-6 parts of guacamole (depending on how many you are making) and place in the center of kelp strips.
7. Fold in from the bottom, then the sides and then the top of the wrap.
8. Place wraps with top fold facing downwards on plates.
9. Serve and enjoy! (Note: you may need to use a knife to break through the soft seaweed.)