Most of our daily meals (while cleansing) consist of cauliflower or turnip 'rice' with raw vegetables and (at times) one or so element of steamed vegetables, yams, soups or cooked lentils (pre-soaked for 24-48 hours to release enzyme inhibitors). For snacks we have sprouts or fruits, including dried fruits such as dates and banana chips. For dessert, we usually have homemade ice cream or raw cacao pudding! Here is our latest recipe for our cauliflower 'rice' with vegetables and steamed asparagus. We had this meal with a side of avocado soup. Check out our simple recipe below. Enjoy!
Serves 2-4 (4 if used as a side dish)
∙ 1/2 of a small organic red onion
∙ 2 organic garlic cloves
∙ 1/2 of an organic white cauliflower
∙ 6-12 organic asparagus shoots (depending on how many you want)
∙ 1-2 large organic carrot(s)
∙ 1-2 organic celery stalk(s)
∙ a bunch of organic Italian parsley
∙ a bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 1 large organic tomato
∙ 1-2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil (for frying)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black peppercorn
Avocado Soup Recipe:
1. Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Chop (pulse) cauliflower in a food processor, until they are the size of short rice grains.
3. Add cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Add salt to asparagus and steam until tender. Set aside.5. Chop carrots and celery in chunks, then chop (pulse) carrots, celery and herbs in a food processor. Add to mixing bowl. Set aside.
6. Dice tomato and then add to mixing bowl.
7. In a small frying pan, at medium-low heat, lightly fry onions and garlic for about 3-5 minutes. (If you can tolerate the strength of raw onion and garlic, you can skip this step and add them to the mixing bowl.)
8. Once onions are softened, remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
9. Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
10. Then add onions and garlic once cooled. Mix well.
11. Add salt and pepper. Check for flavor and make necessary adjustments.
12. Once ready, distribute 'rice' mix onto 2 plates and then top off with steamed asparagus.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Check it out on Fastpaleo.com.