The health benefits of Kale include vitamin K. Vitamin K is known for it's role as one of the key nutrients in maintaining healthy balanced blood clotting. Kale is also high in vitamin A and vitamin C. Our latest pesto sauce recipe includes kale, green peppers and green onions. We used it to top off our raw zucchini 'pasta'. Zucchini provides an excellent source of antioxidants that protect our cells from damage. Making your own zucchini 'spaghetti' with pesto recipe is easy! Give it a try for lunch or dinner - enjoy!
Ingredients for Kale Pesto Sauce:
∙ 4-6 organic garlic cloves
∙ 1 small organic red onion
∙ 3-4 organic green onions
∙ bunch of organic kale
∙ 1 slice organic lemon (about 1/4 lemon)
∙ 1/2 organic green pepper
∙ 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (for frying)
∙ 1/4-1/2 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
∙ 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked for at least 8 hours)
∙ 1/4 cup of fluoride free water
∙ Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
∙ organic black pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for pasta:
∙ 2 large organic zucchinis
1. On a chopping board, chop garlic and onion (red and green) and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
2. Chop kale and add to a container (for blending).
3. Squeeze lemon onto kale and set aside.
4. Chop green pepper, then add to container with kale.
5. Heat a small frying pan and add coconut oil. Then add red onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or so. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Add green onions, oil, pumpkin seeds and water to container with kale and green peppers.
7. Once garlic and red onions have cooled, add them to container as well.
8. Blend all ingredients.
9. Add pepper and salt for flavor and blend again. Make necessary adjustments according to personal taste. Set aside.
10. Using a julienne peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise. (To soften noodles, place in a large bowl and add some salt. Mix well and set aside for 3-5 minutes).11. Evenly distribute zucchini noodles, including skins, to 2 plates. Do not discard of the the skin peels as it holds the most nutrition!
12. Top off pasta with pesto sauce.
13. Serve and enjoy your enzymes!
Check it out on Fastpaleo.com.