Today marks the first day of Spring! In celebration of this new season we created a recipe for Orange And Mango Salad with Hemp seeds. Organic oranges contain over 170 different phytonutrients. The nutrients and high amount of anti-oxidants found in oranges help protect from damages by free radicals and stimulates white blood cells (to fight infection) and digestive juices (to relieve constipation). Hemp seeds contain protein that is easily digestible and contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are considered essential for human health. Enjoy the recipe below!
Prep Time 10 minutes!
∙ 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion (let sit for 5-10 minutes)
∙ 1 organic mango
∙ 2 organic oranges
∙ a bunch organic parsley
∙ a bunch organic cilantro
∙ 1 organic red pepper
∙ organic jalapeno pepper (the amount depends on your tolerance for spice)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ sea salt (optional)
∙ organic black pepper
∙ 1-2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil (optional)
1. Peel mango and cut into small pieces, then add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel oranges and dice into small pieces and add to large mixing bowl.
3. Chop parsley, cilantro, red pepper and jalapeno pepper into small pieces and add to large mixing bowl.
4. Add hemp seeds, salt, pepper and coconut oil to mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Make necessary adjustments according to taste.
6. Serve in two bowls and enjoy!