The benefits of Dandelion Root include purification of the blood, liver cleansing, weight reduction, lower blood pressure, improvement in bowel functions and more. Dandelion Root can be made into a coffee (or tea). The process is simple and can be done at home in a short amount of time. We decided to give it a try, and although it is not the greatest tasting coffee alternative, the health benefits make it worthwhile. Dandelion Root has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and supports the digestive system. Dandelion Root coffee is bitter and strong in flavor but it can be sweetened with some honey. Enjoy!
Instructions for Dandelion Root Coffee:
∙ 1 1/2 tbsp of organic dandelion root (dried)
∙ 3 cups of spring water (no fluoride)
∙ raw organic honey (optional)
∙ organic coconut milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°F (or higher for a darker roast).
2. Place dandelion root on a sheet of parchment paper and bake (or roast) for 5 minutes in oven (or until lightly browned).
3. Boil 3 cups of water. Once boiled, lower heat.
4. Remove dandelion from oven and once cooled, grind in a grinder.
5. Add ground dandelion root to water and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Strain (we used a coffee strainer basket) and pour into 2 cups.
7. Enjoy black or with some honey and coconut milk!