Simple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
∙ 1 small organic pumpkin (butternut squash is also a great choice)
∙ 9 organic medjool dates (pitted)
∙ 1/4 -1/2 cup of organic homemade coconut milk*
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut butter (optional)
∙ 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg
∙ 1 tbsp of cinnamon
∙ 1 cup of organic pre-soaked cashews or almonds
∙ 1/4 cup of organic shredded coconut (add more if needed)
∙ 1-2 organic medjool dates (pitted)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Peel pumpkin and dice in small pieces.
3. Add seasoning (spices) and place pumpkin in oven to bake for about 45 minutes. (You can skip this step to eat pumpkin raw).
4. Prepare pie crust by adding ingredients to a food processor and blending.
5. Use the crust mix to line a springform pan. Press down to flatten and spread evenly.
6. Once pumpkin is ready, add to a blender and let cool.
7. Add coconut milk and all remaining ingredients to blender and puree.
8. Fill springform pan with pie filling and place in freezer for about an hour (to set).
9. Serve and enjoy!
10. Place in fridge for up to 2 days.
* Coconut milk:
1. Drain the water from a natural coconut and set it aside.
2. Crack open the coconut and break it into pieces.
3. Juice the coconut meat (once removed from coconut shell).
4. Mix an equal (150 ml each) amount of coconut water (previously drained) and coconut cream to provide you with the 300 ml necessary for the recipe above. (If there is more coconut cream than water, you can add store bought coconut water to complete.)