Organic raw cacao almond butter cookies glazed with honey (once cooled) and sprinkled with pre-soaked almonds! Yummy...
Ingredients used: Organic coconut flour, organic rice flour, organic raw cacao powder, organic vanilla bean powder, organic almond butter, organic chia seed powder, organic coconut oil and a couple of happy free range chicken eggs. (See recipe below)






Cacao Almond Cookies Recipe
Makes 8-10 cookies
Ingredients:
Makes 8-10 cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of organic rice flour
3 tbsp of organic coconut flour
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp of organic baking soda
1 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder
pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
1 1/2 tbsp of coconut palm powder/sugar
2 happy free range chicken eggs
1/4 cup organic almond butter
organic honey
chopped almonds (pre-soaked to remove shell/skin and activate enzymes)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients first. (Mix well) Set aside.
3. Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl with melted coconut oil.
4. Add eggs to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add almond butter to ingredients and continue mixing.
6. Break apart dough into 8 or 10 pieces (depending on the size of cookie you want) and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using a utensil, press down slightly to form cookies.
8. Place cookies in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
10. Drizzle/glaze some fresh organic honey on top of the cookies (we use a knife and let the honey fall off onto the cookies).
11. Top off with some chopped almonds. The honey will hold them in place.
12. Eat and enjoy!
TIP: If you are going to store any cookies, don't drizzle any honey on them as it will soak into the cookie and not have a good texture. Glaze with honey only when you are actually going to eat them:)
The cookies look really gorgeous :) And I really love the recipe and appreciate that you use everything organic :) I'll be so happy to eat all of that :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Tes! Enjoy:)
DeleteSo..where can I find the recipe?
ReplyDeleteHi Megan, we will update this post (with the recipe) shortly.
DeleteSuch a scrumptious recipe!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Your photos are amazing, very creative!
DeleteFirst of all, sorry I was caught up in something and did not visit earlier. I have checked a few of your recipes and I liked them.I don't eat that clean but I try. My daughter picked up a recipe of brownies from a store that I regularly visit. They are made from cacao powder. I am still figuring out whether to use cacao or cocoa. What do you suggest?
ReplyDeleteCacao powder is healthy. It has a rich supply of antioxidants, and is also an excellent source of dietary fiber and magnesium!
DeleteThanks for replying, Gabriela. I will let my daughter know about this and see what she wants.
ReplyDelete