Turmeric is one of the best spices to have for multiple health benefits. It is commonly used in India as an
anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of conditions such as flatulence, jaundice, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, bruises, chest pain, inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis. It's
anti-oxidant properties has been shown to inhibit growth of colon '
cancer' cells and the phytonutrients helps prevent prostate 'cancer'. Its properties aids in digestion and can ease the pain of osteoarthritis. The antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties strengthens your immune system - perfect for the winter season (colds and flu season). Aside from all the health benefits it provides, Turmeric can be used in a variety of dishes such as curry and it tastes great! I decided to make a soup out of some ingredients I had lying around that I wanted to use up before heading out for my grocery shopping. I put together an avocado, some cabbage (1 cup shredded) that I fried with garlic in coconut oil. I then created a broth by adding 1 1/2 cups of water to fried cabbage. I blended it all together with a small piece of cucumber I had left, seasoned it and topped it off with some healthy turmeric powder! Very tasty and wholesome soup - give it a try!
information sources:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/stories/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-turmeric
http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-turmeric/
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1821027/4b2736dd64/TEST/TEST/
Pin It